Prelude Events was given 4 weeks to organize the press conference of the much awaited FirefoxOS for mobile phones launch.
The first stage was to secure a venue with optimum internet and cellular signal, large enough to accommodate 400 press journalists, bloggers, businessmen and excitable Mozilla reps. all of this in full run up to Barcelona’s biggest congress.
Prelude Events setup and managed the full event production from venue management, stage design, room décor, audio-visual and light and sound requirements to catering and branding opportunities.
In line with the clients corporate image we designed an informal setting for the press conference based around a lounge concept with lows and highs. The corporate colors were present throughout through lighting, furniture, flowers and branding.
An open bar was available throughout the congress for the thirsty journalists and nibbles served after the press conference.
- An overwhelming turnout of 700 press attendees, 300 more than what Mozilla anticipated.
- CEOs from 18 major operators from around the world joined Mozilla on stage
- The events success hit all the major and minor newspaper across the world whilst bloggers uploaded the content instantaneously
- More than 10,000 video clips and articles uploaded, generating over 2 million views
- Additional earned media through Facebook, Twitter and other social media.