To innovate and influence key components of Cisco Connected Women and VIP event during Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona. For the Connected Women event, the client wanted a less formal environment to enable networking and an easy flow of conversation. Our client entrusted us for the second year in a row with complete creative freedom to meet objectives.
Prelude Events selected an iconic venue in Barcelona city, which inspired the modernism theme in every detail. The beginning of XX century emblematic period for Catalan culture due to its renowned architecture.
For the Connected Women event, we changed the format to create a more relaxed setting and chose an open concept set up within the venue. The area was fully redecorated with furniture, lighting and custom-made props that enabled a flowing social ambience with interactive opportunities, cocktails, and themed photos. With no formal stage nor fixed seating, we opted for a more jovial design that worked very well for networking. The unorthodox design was exceptionally well received by the attendees and client alike.
For the VIP customers event, we combined entertainment and music to recreate the atmosphere inspired by the modernist theme. We had a roaming saxophonist, a musical group, a mentalist and a time-lapsed photo call with original props according to the theme. We included characterized actors as well who blended with the house architecture and environment. Cocktails especially designed to the theme, a mixologist corner and blue, red and yellow Catalan cava made the drinks a success.
VIP EVENT RESULTS:
- A record attendance for both Connected Women and VIP events
- Networking data collected post-event indicated strong results in effective connections established during the event
- Guests expressed satisfaction with the overall content and balance of value and enjoyment
- Client assessment is that the events were esthetically “gorgeous”, constructive and rewarding
- The client has renewed contract with Prelude Events for upcoming milestones